(WESTERVILLE, OH — August 28, 2012) The National Ground Water Association has opened a call for abstracts for the 2013 NGWA Summit — The National and International Conference on Groundwater, which will be featuring Charles Fishman, New York Times bestselling author of The Big Thirst, as the keynote speaker.
To be held in San Antonio, Texas, April 28-May 2, the annual NGWA Summit, now in its ninth year, is a highly regarded conference providing a venue for a wide range of industry professionals to exchange the latest in research and information about everything groundwater.
Individuals interested in presenting must submit abstracts online by 11:59 p.m. ET October 22, 2012, for consideration. The 2013 NGWA Summit will cover all aspects of groundwater on a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Aquifer storage and recovery
- Characterizing and modeling karst aquifer systems
- Dewatering and control in sensitive environments
- Emerging contaminants
- Estimating groundwater use in agriculture
- Hydraulic fracturing impacts on water resources
- Issues in developing nations
- Petroleum hydrocarbons and organic chemicals
- Public policy and scientific management of water resources.
Conference and abstract submission details are available at www.GroundwaterSummit.org. Individuals may also call 800 551.7379 (614 898.7791) for more information.NGWA, a nonprofit organization composed of U.S. and international groundwater professionals—contractors, equipment manufacturers, suppliers, scientists, and engineers—is dedicated to advancing groundwater knowledge. NGWA’s vision is to be the leading groundwater association that advocates the responsible development, management, and use of water.